I made you this mix for the holidays. And it’s a mix full of songs about God. Mostly.
I’m not religious. I never really had to form an opinion about the whole thing. I don’t care. It doesn’t matter.
I do like songs about God. The same reason I like songs about love or heartbreak. We get it. It’s shorthand. These songs are really about fearing death, or loving someone too much, or, well, Doctor Who. You know, Christmasy shit.
The thing is: I used to do a Christmas mix every year but that got too hard or too easy or something. So this year I’m giving you songs about God. Mostly.
I hope you like it.
The songs on it are:
1. Joseph Looney by Ollie Gilbert
2. Fear Not of Man by Mos Def
3. God Knows (You’ve Got to Give to Get) by El Perro Del Mar
4. A Martyr for My Love For You by The White Stripes
5. Lord Knows Best by Dirty Beaches
6. God’ll Ne’er Let You Down by Sufjan Stevens
7. Where I Thought I Met the Angels by The Tallest Man on Earth
8. Into My Arms by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
9. I Like the Christian Life by The Louvin Brothers
10. Song for Ten by Murray Gold
11. Forgotten Star by Harmony Trowbridge
12. Goal\Wide by Javelin
You can download or stream them as one big MP3 here or download a zip here.